Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Maybelline "Taupe Temptress"

Hello~

To get my blog started, I have been wanting to review a makeup palette which is one of my favorites.
I remember getting it off the shelves and thinking... Hmmm I'm not sure about this one.... but i'll give it a chance.
Now it's one of my favorite.


 

It's the Maybelline New York EYESTUDIO eyeshadow palette in #50 TAUPE TEMPTRESS.

The packaging is interesting, as the top is completely clear with a X shape, denting it. If you're too rough with it, the top might fall off, but it is easily put back on. (.......I was messing with it several times hahahaha)
but overall, it looks more modern than cute. (It's a drugstore palette)


The inside has 4 colors, and a double ended sponge applicator (which is good quality).
The first color (highlight) is larger than the others, as it has a diamond shape and the others are more arrow-like. I'm happy though, because it is the one I use the most!!

This photo is in natural light, and the next one has artificial yellow light bulb lighting, the kind in a bathroom for example hahahaha.



The colors are surprisingly different from each other. They look much different on eyes than in package.

The first two colors are much more transparent than the last two. 

The white color is a white glitter. 
If you want color, you will need a lot of layers. 
It looks very beautiful and shimmers a lot with flash photographs.

The copper color is also not as pigmented as the rest, but you can build up color! 
There is shimmer in this one also.

The taupe color is very shimmery, and very pigmented. 
It is a pretty color.

The last is most darkest of all, I'm not sure how to describe. 
It has shimmer, but not many.

The color looks very light on my arm, but on the eye-area it is much more different. This is the natural light and bathroom light.

 


About removing the makeup, it goes away easily. 
The makeup is also circle lens friendly ^^

  
 Overall, the palette can create different eye make up with this range of color.

I bought it for $7.95 but the price probably changes depending on your location.
There's many different eye palettes to choose from, including
blues, golds, greens, coppers, purples, pinks, greys, yellows, many color palettes.

I really like it myself, because my eyelids are mostly hidden!
I like the colors for on my lower lid, but I like the first color on my top lid, since it's not too obvious but pretty. 

I recommend using a primer to make it last longer and really stick.

I hope this review was helpful, so until next time~

Good night and until the next post~


No comments:

Post a Comment