Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Review: Elf Butternut Eyeshadow Quad

Hello~


I was at the dollar store and I found this little eyeshadow which reminded me of dolly wink eyeshadow? One dollar!





 So today is eye shadow review! I have tried out the quad (is this even called a quad?) and it's elf! Did you guys know it stands for Eyes Lips Face? When I found that out I thought it was pretty cool hehe, except they also have nail polish... but that would ruin the name. This product is great, it's by elfn lol

These eyeshadows I got at the Dollar Store so it cost me $1,- !!!
So cheap! And they're actually pretty good!


It has a small applicator, and I tried it out but it was just bad. Not meant for eyes at all, more like sanding down a piece of wood lol.

There's also a little mini mirror under the applicator, which is cool! Except the dirty sponge gets the mirror dirty and I can't use it LOL..............

So moving on~
The colors!

Right= It's a sparky nude, but when applied the sparkly is not much. it's good for base/blend/subtle highlight though! I used it the most.
Middle Right= Not very pigmented but it's same sparkly effect as the left one, and is nice as a base color.
Left= Darkest color, dark brown and it's shimmery. Pigmented and such a pretty color! It's like chocolate hehehe
Middle Left= middle brown color, also shimmery, it's like caramel chocolate colored.

The swatches are kind of light, and in real life they are better. Also, the colors are much more subtle and not as saturated.



So in the end it is similar to Tsubasa's eye pallete. The only thing is the Left Middle color is not golden but more pink, and the Right color is more yellow than white compared to Dolly Wink. Also, the dark brown is not quite as dark, but it is comparable. Dolly wink is expensive, so this is a good dupe!

Hope it was helpful!

Until the next post,
eon

No comments:

Post a Comment